1 large rutabaga, large dice
2 large turnips, large dice
4 medium size parsnips, medium diced
1½ cups coconut milk
½ cup of tamari
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
6-8 red Thai chilies, fresh or frozen
½ whole black peppercorns
3 bay leaves
2-3 cups cooked jasmine rice
3 thinly sliced scallion
1. In a large bowl or a resalable bag add coconut milk, tamari, rice wine vinegar, chilies, black peppercorns and bay leaves. Add rutabaga, turnips, and parsnips to adobo mixture and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400F.
3. In a large pot place all the marinade and vegetable and cook until tender about 25-30 minutes.
4. Cook rice according to package directions.
5. Remove vegetable from the hot marinade and place onto a sheet pan and place in oven for 10-15 minutes or until they are lightly roasted.
6. While the rutabaga, turnips and parsnips roast, strain the chilies, bay leaves, and black peppercorns into another pot and reduce sauce by ⅓ until it becomes slightly thickened.
7. Place rice in a serving bowl add roasted root vegetables then add sauce to root vegetables and top with scallions and cilantro sprigs.